The National Bike Challenge is a free program that runs from May 1 to August 31 with the goal of uniting 50,000 people to bike 10 million miles.
The Activate Omaha Bike to Work Challenge is the local commuter challenge supported via the same Endomondo site and runs from May 1 to September 30 with the goal to surpass our 2011 record setting year.
• The Challenge is a partnership between the League of American Bicyclists, Bikes Belong, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, and Endomondo - a mobile based sports and fitness tracking community.
• The Challenge is an exciting new program that encourages people to bike for transportation and recreation. It is open and free to anyone who lives in the U.S. or works for an organization with U.S. employees.
• The Challenge is organized on two levels, National and Community (i.e. Omaha-Council Bluffs, NE-IA).
• Individuals can join at www.endomondo.com/campaign/national.
• Registration Instructions for Individuals are can be found in the Videos at www.endomondo.com/campaign/national/videos.
• Participants provide their name, email address and zip code, and accept the Challenge waiver.
• Participants can log miles via a smart phone or other GPS device. The free Endomondo App is easy to use and automatically uploads your rides. Download the free Endomondo smart phone App at www.endomondo.com/campaign/national/downloadapp.
• You can read exactly which devices and how in this Endomondo FAQ: http://getsatisfaction.com/endomondo/topics/can_i_import_data_to_my_profile_from_other_gps_devices
• Additionally, all rides can be added using the manual entry feature of the website. Instructions to log miles and rides manually can be found in the Videos at www.endomondo.com/campaign/national/videos.
• For more information and help with the website, go to http://endomondo.com/help
Have fun and 'Get Up & Ride'.