Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Seth Embrey Memorial Ride this Sunday

This Sunaday Bike Masters is hosting a ride in memory of Seth Embrey.

This bicycle ride is in memory of Seth Embrey who passed away from brain cancer this past April. Seth was jovial, loving, and a loyal husband, friend, brother, uncle, nephew, son, and grandson. His quick wit, contagious laugh, big smile, and comforting hugs are missed daily.

Seth is a former employee of Bike Masters. While working on his Exercise Science degree at UNO, he worked at the bike shop for many years. During this time, he won over the hearts of the bike shop’s employees and customers.

There is NO ENTRY FEE, but charitable donations requested to LEAP FOR A CURE.

More information can be found at the Bike Masters Cycling Club website.

2 comments:

Don Kuhns said...

I did my good deed for the day yesterday. While riding the West Papio trail, I came across an older guy having mechanical trouble and stopped to see if I could help. His crank arm had all but fallen off, so I did my best to tighten it up for him, without a proper wrench.

Seems he had just bought the bike from Walmart and this was his first ride on it. He also said he was having trouble with the chain jumping. I was at this point that I kindly informed him that his handlebar, and everything on it, had been installed upside down.

dale said...

It was a cool start to Seth's ride literally, 32 degrees, fortunately no wind. I scrambled to find the warm clothing and rode there about 10 minutes before the start. Was in the sweeper mtb group until a late started joined us 10 miles in. Did the 30 mile ride to Waterloo and back in about 3.5 hours.

Here are pics of the ride.