Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Greetings from the National Bike Summit!

I arrived in sunny, warm Washington, DC this afternoon for the National Bike Summit! I’ll be blogging over the next few days, trying to give you a flavor of the goings-on here and some up-to-date info on what the national efforts to improve bicycling policies look like and how we can apply what’s going on here back in Omaha. There’s a lot scheduled over the next few days and it looks like the organizers have put together a great program. You can check out all the details here: National Bike Summit.

Tonight is the opening reception, tomorrow is a strategy day with some great keynote speakers and breakout session, Thursday is our day on Capitol Hill, where we’ll visit all our local Congressional representatives: Congressman Lee Terry, Senator Ben Nelson, and Senator Mike Johanns, and Friday is the Congressional Bike Ride.

If you have any questions or want me to check out anything in particular, email me and I’ll do the best I can. In the meantime, here are some pictures of DC and my swanky conference swag!

Matt

No comments: