Monday, June 20, 2011

Bike to the Ballpark, Sunday

Well, we've got 2 days of bike valet parking under our belts and we're feeling pretty good about it! We parked 111 bikes on Sunday and 65 on Saturday!!  Really, a big thanks goes out to all of the cyclists who rode here and used our services, and an even a bigger thanks to all of our fantastic VOLUNTEERS!! Thank you thank you thank you. Clearly, without all of you this simply wouldn't work.

I pedaled down yesterday around 4:00p.m. to supervise the 2nd game of the day.  First of all, I'd like to thank all of the drivers out there, from Omaha and elsewhere, because I had a totally pleasant, incident-free ride down.  I arrived to the bike corral and was totally blown away by what I saw: a nearly full bike parking area!  Anyway, it's going great and I just wanted to share a little update with those of you who didn't get to make it down yet. 

As a reminder, we're there every game day, from an hour before the first game, til a 1/2 hour after the last out of the night. Julie's out there now and I'll be down there again this evening. See you at the park!

No comments: