Wednesday, July 20, 2011
It's like a dream come true...Cheap rent in a 1-bedroom apartment, 5 minutes from both Midtown Crossing and the Slowdown complex, near a bike path, and 24/7 access to bike tools, work stands, bike parts, and endless project bikes!
Here's the skinny: The Community Bike Project is looking for a renter for the upstairs apartment at its Community Bike Shop at 525 North 33rd Street, just south of California Street and 2 doors down from Cali Taco. We would prefer to find an individual who wants to be involved with CBPO as a volunteer, but if you just want an apartment, that's fine, too.
You get bonus points for helping us out: volunteer your time at the Shop and your rent could be as low as $200/month (gas, water, electric, internet included)! If you just want the apartment, rent is still only $500/month (gas, water, electric, internet still included). Secure, private parking lot behind the building, for those with a car.
Other nearby amenities:
- beautiful Gifford Park
- one of the best neighborhood gardens in the city just a few blocks away
- a great permaculture garden directly behind the Shop
- within walking distance from Creighton University
- the Marrakech restaurant - a tasty new Moroccan place across the street
- the Shelterbelt theater - indie theater just around the corner
- the California Bar - neighborhood staple for decades
- laundromat a block away
- Robinson's Garage (car repair) next door
- and lots more
Interested? Call or email me--we are looking to rent the apartment immediately.